Winter is in the air in the Roaring Fork Valley with yellow leaves on the trees falling under the weight of fresh snow. The team at The Property Shop created our Fall Home Maintenance Checklist and are excited to share tips for getting ready for winter in Colorado.
Start with the outdoor to-do’s as winter is quickly approaching. The maintenance items below ensure that your home will be winterized for the coming months and that when spring arrives, you’ll be ready to enjoy all it has to offer with fresh flowers and a green lawn.
- Store hoses and turn off outdoor water
- Drain and turn off sprinkler system
- Clean out gutters
- Trim trees and perennials
- Plant spring bulbs before the first freeze.
- Fertilize lawn
Our inside maintenance to-do’s focus on safety, warmth and energy efficiency. And just like you need to rotate your car tires from time to time, did you know you need to do the same with ceiling fans? Jump on this list today and be ready for winter.
- Change and test batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Get your heating system serviced and change filters.
- Reverse ceiling fans.
- Seal any gaps around windows and doors with weatherstripping.
- Inspect and clean out dryer vent.
Live. Work. Play. It’s our motto. Our tips for home maintenance take just a bit of work, and ensure you’ll get to enjoy playing this winter in Glenwood Spring and the Roaring Fork Valley.