Spring has officially arrived in Glenwood Springs and the surrounding Roaring Fork Valley! The days are longer and we are starting to see the first flowers bloom. It was a great ski season for Aspen Snowmass and Sunlight Mountain and celebrations abound with annual closing day events throughout April. As you continue to enjoy the last turns of the ski and snowboard season, it is also time to start getting your home ready for the summer season.
Here is The Property Shop’s spring home checklist for outside:
- Inspect Your Roof – It was a big winter in Colorado with more snow than average. As the snow melts, take the time to inspect your roof. Your roof is the first line of defense for your home. Ensure you don’t have roof damage and go into the summer season with peace of mind.
- Irrigation Systems – Fire up your irrigation system. First, turn on the water. Then, verify the settings for each zone and check each station of the zones. Learn more about spring startup of your irrigation system.
- Flowers – Prepare your garden for summer. Getting your garden ready is a project in and off itself. Check out these tips for an extensive guide to spring garden preparations. In the short term, enjoy spring color by getting your planters in order for immediate joy.
- Clean Your Gutters – Direct spring rains away from your home with clean gutters. We recommend this project twice a year. It is especially important if you didn’t clean your gutters before winter as fall leaves likely have accumulated.
- Repair & Clean Window Screens – Inside/outside living is upon us! Enjoy the fresh spring air while opening the doors and windows to your home. Take the time to repair and clean your window screens. This will ensure you keep the pesky mosquitoes out when summer arrives. Don’t forget to wash the windows inside and out too.
- Pressure Wash Decks, Driveways & Fences – Clean these surfaces and enjoy the aesthetics of a sparkling exterior while also maintaining their longevity. If you don’t have a pressure washer, consider renting one.
- Prepare Your Lawn Mower – It’s time to dust off your lawn mower and make it more accessible in your garage. Change the oil and sharpen the blade.
- Local Spring Clean – Check out the Glenwood Springs community page for the schedule and map for your pick-up zone.
Our team is enjoying the change of season and looking forward to summer. Please contact us if you are thinking of buying or selling real estate in Glenwood Springs or the surrounding area. We’d welcome the opportunity to share our local knowledge.